My name is Thilda and I as elite athletes in long jump play sports all year round, regardless of weather, wind, and motivation.
Now that autumn is creeping in and it gets dark early in the evenings, the leaves change color before they fall to the ground like a blanket. Gray weather draws in over our Sweden, so I have previously lost some motivation to train. But now this year I have come up with 6 things that make the autumn training MUCH more motivating and fun. Therefore want to share with me these…
1. Make sure you do a sport that you enjoy. No one is particularly motivated to go to a body pump session if you do not think it is fun. If you feel forced, you can manage maybe 1-2 weeks before you get stuck on the couch again. So tip number 1, find YOUR activity that YOU enjoy
Train together! Find a new training buddy with the same interests and the same motivation as yourself. Exercising with a friend at a high level can sometimes feel heavy for oneself, but at the same time be a motivation. It clearly depends on how you can adjust your mental parts, to still hold on and feel that your activity is fun. Even if you are not the best!
3. Autumn is for meal prep. It will be a thousand times easier to eat the right and good amount if you prepare the food and have the drawers ready in the fridge. When you come home from training, you know exactly what to eat before the shower is waiting. Absolutely perfect, as everyday life is made a lot more efficient, and you have a keen eye for good food. My autumn favorites are a lot of root vegetables, as it is the season for them now. Everything from cooking, oven roasting, steaming, shredding or why not cook a fresh raw salad as an accompaniment to a good meal?
4. Buy new training clothes. For me, it ALWAYS works. As soon as I buy a new garment, I want to go out and use it immediately. Either a nice round of jogging in the autumn sun (because we must not forget that our nature is very beautiful the few days when it is sunny and nice temperatures). Or a trip to the gym to inaugurate their new clothes. My favorite garments are available at www.gavelo.se (super nice fit and really sit where you want them, and they are made of recycled material. Win Win! You can get a 10% discount on their entire webshop if you enter "Thilda10"
5. Stay fresh! Acquire a pair of SmellWell in a nice invigorated color. To keep your shoes and exercise equipment fresh and odorless. We all know that it's easier to put on a pair of fragrant shoes versus a pair of wet sunkissed ones that have been in the hall since the night before. All training becomes easier the better conditions you have. Everything will be easier with a couple of SmellWell and your household will thank you because the hall will also stay fresh and odorless. Another tips where you can use your smellwells are in the laundry basket, in the fridge (for example, if you have an onion or some other pungent odor that you can't get rid of), in the car or in your work bag. It's also a perfect Christmas present.
6. Last but not least. Use the darkness and this season as motivation. When you think about how long the autumn is, you can get depressed, but instead, think how many training sessions you can actually harvest during this time? To then get out in the spring sun and be in his very best self. To "survive" the autumn in Sweden is a struggle, everyone knows that. Not especially me who is really a summer person. Preferably lives in a climate where it is 25-30 degrees all year round. But you have to bite into the sour apple and turn it into something positive: "Work hard in the silence: let success make the noise"