Preventing foot odor
- Wash your feet every day with warm water and soap (preferably an antibacterial soap). Dry the feet thoroughly with a dry and soft towel, especially between the toes.
- Ventilate your shoes regularly when you don´t wear them.
- Use an effective shoe spray to reduce the smells and the accumulation of bacteria and fungi.
- Use foot powder to dry your feet – make sure you don´t use excess powder, or it may cause abrasion.
- Wear thick socks, so they can absorb the moisture and help ventilate the feet.
- 100% cotton or wool socks are better than synthetic socks (polyester or nylon) for that purpose. Wearing nylon pantyhose or stockings may also cause excessive perspiration.
- Change socks at least once a day, or even more often if you sweat a lot.
- Wear shoes with adequate ventilation and refrain from wearing plastic or nylon shoes.
- Avoid wearing shoes without socks, as perspiration tends to increase in such situations.
If those advices don´t help – you better find a podiatrist. Some treatments, such as electric-current devices, can reduce perspiration for several weeks at a time. Other remedies for foot odor your podiatrist may offer are alum, antiperspirants, paraffin bath treatments, ointments and other footcare products.
Warning: fopen(html_templates/cache/news-body-p-15-m-.html): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/melros/domains/smellwell.com/public_html/require/common.php on line 88
Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/melros/domains/smellwell.com/public_html/require/common.php on line 89
Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/melros/domains/smellwell.com/public_html/require/common.php on line 90